Luxembourg was built in the early 1600's for Queen Marie dei
Medici. Today, the gardens are the largest public park on
the Left Bank. It is located near the Sorbonne and just
south of the Latin Quarter.
In addition to large displays of
annuals, tropical plants from the orangery and other plants,
the garden is home to a very large collection of sculptures.