Started in 1769, this park was expanded to about 25 acres in
1778. in 1860, the City of Paris bought the park and it was
opened as a public space by Napoléon III. It
became a favorite place for Marcel Proust to stroll.
The landscape architect,
Thomas Blaikie, transformed the park into a collection of
formal gardens during the latter years of the 1800's. Lawns,
roses, flowers and ancient trees adorn the garden. A magnificent
gilded railing surrounds the park.